What is a PCB and what is it used for?
What is a PCB?
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) are the backbone of all major electronics. You can find PCBs in nearly all computational electronics, from simple devices like digital clocks, and calculators to more advanced devices including computers, smartphones and cars.
A printed circuit board (PCB) is an electronic assembly that uses copper conductors to create electrical connections between components. A printed circuit board design must include a specific set of steps that aligns with the manufacturing process, integrated circuit packaging, and the structure of the bare circuit board.
In short, PCBs tell the electricity where to go, bringing your electronics to life.
What to do if you need a PCB in your product?
1. Specification: The first step in the design process is to develop a clear specification of your product. Our design team will work with you to create your specification. This is the most important step as it will ensure that both parties have a clear scope and outcome for the project.
2. Proof of Concept: Our engineers will then use off-the-shelf development kits to develop a “proof of concept”. This stage of the design will determine the types of technology used to achieve the goals of the product and whether the product concept is viable within the given budget and time frame.
3. Schematic Capture & Design: The proof of concept will then be captured as a schematic design. It shows all the components required and how they are connected.
4. PCB Component Placement and Routing: Using PCB design software such as Altium, all the required components on the functional schematic design will be placed on a digital PCB board.
5. Design for Manufacture: Hetech will always ensure that your product is designed to conform to modern manufacturing practices. As an in-house Design and Manufacturing company, we have access to valuable direct manufacturing feedback. This will assist in reducing your manufacturing overheads.
6. Final Delivery: After extensive testing and revisions and all parties are happy, we have a final product!