Do you require professional PCB assembly services? At Hetech, we offer the highest quality SMT, or surface-mount technology, assembly processes.
As electronics design and manufacturing experts, we have the relevant skills and experience to deliver high-quality assembly services. Our machine room contains the latest technology, is fully ESD compliant and is able to handle PCB assembly projects of all sizes. Our fully automated component feeding, wave soldering and automated inspection ensure every project we complete meets our high standards.
What is SMT?
SMT is the method of mounting components onto circuit boards directly, rather than soldering between two points on a circuit board, known as through-hole. SMT was developed to use PCB space more efficiently and lower production costs, which is why the method is still popular today. Compared to other assembly methods, this process is generally considered more accurate due to its high level of automation.
What are the benefits of SMT?
- Size: With SMT, components are smaller in size so more can be fitted onto the board compared to the through-hole assembly process. As the board can be reduced in size, its weight is similarly reduced to 1/10th compared to through-hole assembly.
- Cost: PCB manufacturing costs can be reduced as fewer holes are required reducing the amount of drilling required on the circuit board.
- Speed: The SMT process can be completed at a much quicker and controlled rate. Every step in the process from component placement to inspection can be automated, preventing human error and creating faster results.
Our Process & Machines
- Eunil Magazine ESL-400T : Loads your PCB boards into the Pick & Place line.
- SP710avi Stencil: Applies solder paste to your blank PCB.
- Inspection Conveyor 1: To inspect the board, ensuring solder has been applied correctly.
- 2x SM482 Pick and Place: Automatically places components on your PCB.
- Inspection Conveyor 2: Ensures boards are populated correctly before the reflow process.
- RF3082 Reflow Oven: Convection (air) soldering of the populated boards.
- Eunil Magazine ESU-400: Unloads your populated PCB boards.
Contact Hetech today
Interested to learn more about SMT or our PCB assembly services in general? Contact us today for more information and to receive a no-obligation quote. An expert member of our team will be more than happy to help you determine if our automated PCB assembly services are right for you. We look forward to hearing from you!